Last updated June 23, 2023
Welcome to the Impact Collective. We are pleased to offer a dedicated space for nonprofit changemakers like you, eager to connect, collaborate, and do more with impact data to spark change. Our mission is to provide you with interactive tools and a unique online learning program so you can begin to expand your professional network, excel in new areas, and ascend to higher levels of success within your career.
We are committed to hosting a space where our actions align with our vision and purpose. To meet the collective goals of our community, it’s important that all members feel safe and supported.
To help everyone have the best possible experience, please review our community guidelines:
- We highly encourage you to fill out your personal profile and introduce yourself in our Impact Collective Slack community so other members can get to know you.
- Post questions, start discussions, and reply to others bringing your perspective to topics relating to impact data and practice.
- Treat others as you would treat them in real life.
- Communicate professionally and with respect.
- Respect the privacy of other community members.
- Utilize mentors and community managers for support.
- Contact us directly with feedback at [email protected].
Rules + Restrictions:
- Don’t share posts from the Impact Collective on external platforms.
- Don’t share or reveal the personal or private information of others, including any details about organizations they are affiliated with.
- Doxing, the sharing of others’ personal information with malicious intent, will not be tolerated.
- Don’t post messages irrelevant to the Impact Collective, your work, or your experience as an Impact Collective member.
- Don’t post unapproved promotional content.
- Personal attacks, trolling, hate speech, harassment, bullying, discrimination or other targeted attacks and abuse will not be tolerated.
- Don’t post explicit, rude, or aggressive content.
- Don’t post about or engage in illegal activity.
- The Impact Collective provides access to tools and resources and use is highly encouraged. Duplication and editing of these resources are prohibited.
In the event an individual violates these guidelines, we will take action to protect other members of the group. Based on moderator discretion, this might include a warning, or in the event of extreme or repeat behavior, the member may be banned from the community with immediate termination of membership. In cases such as this, there will be no refund.
If you experience or witness any behavior that doesn’t follow our community guidelines, please contact us directly through the Support + Feedback tab at the bottom of the Navigation Menu, or by emailing us directly at [email protected]. All reports are kept confidential.
We’re Here to Help:
The moderation team works diligently to maintain this community for advice and story-sharing, and we seek your assistance in helping us. To report a post or item, please email us at [email protected]. Please include relevant context such as the post owner, date, and time. The moderators will review each report and follow up as needed.
How We Moderate:
All posts to the community show up right away. We do not screen community activity before it goes live. This is called reactive moderation, which means our moderators will monitor posts as well as rely on our members to tell us about any inappropriate content. Moderating in this way means that we can keep the community running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and that support is available when you need it.
To contact our team about activity, posts, or items that go against our Community Guidelines, please please email us at [email protected]. Please include relevant context such as the post owner, date, and time. The moderators will review each report and follow up as needed.